Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Get ready for the snowstorm? rainstorm? Life on on a Shoestring

If you are like me, forget the news and find out about the weather!  What shall I tell the kids to wear today?  Take a sweater? Take a coat? Umbrella?  Well, in Israel it is usually NOT a good idea to take an umbrella when it rains.  During the winter we say as part of the Amida, the 18 blessings, משיב הרוח . . . so this means "He makes the wind blow and the rain fall."  It is true!  During every rainstorm it is very windy.  Now I have a little bit of experience,  I have been living in Jerusalem for around 20 years, and only the first year I bought an umbrella.  It soon was ripped to shreds by the wind.  So, I save money and make sure that my raincoat has a hood. This keeps off the rain and if I put waterproof spray, that you can buy for 25NIS at Gali on Kanfei Nesharim in Givat Shaul, the water will drip off and although you might be wet on the outside, the water doesn't seep into the coat.

As you can see, the sky today is cloudless and there is no wind.  Will there be rain?  I really don't know but I am going to the market later today and I will get a supply of milk and bread.  I won't go crazy this time though.  If it does happen to snow, http://www.janglo.net/index.php?  option=com_adsmanager&page=display&catid=99&tid=346288  you can decide for yourself what preparations to take.

Rachael Alice - www.lifecoachjerusalem.weebly.com - Life on a Shoestring, Small Business on a Shoestring  coaching.


No comments:

Post a Comment

New Mandolin for Sale! !מנגלוינה למכירה

Mandolin is a very beautiful sounding instrument.  It has a pair of strings tuned to G  D  A  E  similiar to the violin.  We use a pick to p...