Saturday, February 7, 2015

Life on a Shoestring in Jerusalem!

I have always saved shoe strings.  You never know what you might have to use them for.  A few years ago,  right before Pesach, it was so windy that the wind blew apart the door to my service porch.  This was before I enclosed the service porch with windows, so this door was very important.  I used a few shoelaces to tie the door together.  How did I get this idea? Well my father was an engineer and he had an interesting way to look at household repairs. First use tape, and if that doesn't work then tie.  Then when you can go and get it replaced.  So that's what I did. First I tried to tape the door together, when the wind blew that apart, so I tied it up. When the workmen were taking away the destroyed door, (it lasted for over a month until after Passover was when we were able to do the housing repairs)  I took back the shoelaces, remembering to untie and not to cut.  I used them for something else,  . . . Cat toys!
Who needs to buy cat toys when you can make it with shoestrings?  Our kitten "Ramona" just loves the cat toys that I make her.  And old sock stuffed with another old sock, tied up with an old shoelace keeps her happy! 

I have been living in Jerusalem for about 20 years, and I have collected a lot of information 
 about of the cheapest, best quality places to do banking, buy shoes, food, and lots of other tips that will make your life easier.  I will share this with you along with links that will help you.  Eventually, I might take these blog posts, put them into a book and put it up on Amazon.

 In the meantime, let me know what other uses you can come up with with a shoestring!  

Rachael Alice - Life Coach, Business Coach serving Jerusalem in person and on Skype all over the world. 
Skype name: rachaelalice_1 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Mandolin for Sale! !מנגלוינה למכירה

Mandolin is a very beautiful sounding instrument.  It has a pair of strings tuned to G  D  A  E  similiar to the violin.  We use a pick to p...