Thursday, May 22, 2014

The role of Business cards in your small business.

I have three different business cards.  Maybe I should have 4, but I think that three is enough.  I have one for each of my different businesses. I teach music in the afternoons,  I have tried to market and get students in the mornings, but most people prefer their music lessons later in the day.  http://rachaelorbach.weebly.com/

I also am an English teacher, mostly on-line nowadays, I work athttp://www.live-english.net/  When I started to work there the work was very part-time, so I had to have another way to earn money and support the family.

So I went  to . . . Beauty school, where I learned haircutting, facials, wig repair, eye-brow shaping, and now I work at this free-lance.  http://travelinghairsalon.weebly.com/

I find that I had to have business cards for each project.  It is not that people won't remember my name, but when I speak with people, I probe a little bit and I figure out what would interest them.  I can usually tell if the person would like English lessons, or music lessons, and then when I speak with women, I usually give them my Traveling Hair Salon card.  I put a few of each in a metal business card holder.  I also designed each card myself as well as each website.  I have found that if I use a graphic designer the card does not bring as many customers.  I feel the same way about websites.  Each one is different, because I have a different message to bring across.  Each business is unique and if I put all of them on  one card or on one website it would be too much.

If you find that you have a lot of left over, it means that you have to do more talking to people.  People don't like to be "sold" but be allowed to choose and "buy,"

I keep giving out the cards, and eventually one or another of my projects will be more dominant.  Maybe, or maybe not.  I just want to keep my calendar full.  If I have a full work-calendar then I will for sure be making money, and I am not picky about which of my "jobs" I do every day.  In fact each day is different and exciting.  I meet different people, some on Skype, some in person.

It is an interesting life. I hope that yours is too.

Rachael Alice - contact me with any of my websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Mandolin for Sale! !מנגלוינה למכירה

Mandolin is a very beautiful sounding instrument.  It has a pair of strings tuned to G  D  A  E  similiar to the violin.  We use a pick to p...