Sunday, February 11, 2018

Yahoogroups poor performance

You may not know this, but Yahoogroups was one of the first social networking avenues.  This was a way that people could send e-mails to a large amount of people without having to collect people's e-mail addresses.  

The groups function used to work well, and as a moderator, I would go to the Group admin center, take a quick look at the messages and approve them.  But lately the system stops up, or I hit approve and nothing happens.  


Yahoogroups is not getting the manpower or support from the Yahoo company.  
As a group owner, over the past 10-15 years, I have tried to keep up these groups as a public service.  It takes a huge amount of time to moderate all the messages to the groups. 

When I do have time, I want the system to work. 

So I have opened up a group on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/LuachYerushalim/  

I am also going to move the groups to a new server: groups.io  

This will happen over the next month as I have time.  

You will get an e-mail giving you instructions about the change.  Most of the time, you don't have to do anything.  If you want, you can put some information in your profile on the site. 

I thank you for all the hard work over the years, and I hope that groups.io will provide the service that we want and deserve. 

Not surprisingly, I have tried to start the process, but Yahoo is not able to do the change. . . 



I am a musican and teacher not a IT person. 



For your listening pleasure: Please like share and Subcribe to my music if you like it.  I composed all the musc, took all the pictures, did all the video Editing 
Rachael Alice Orbach

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Mandolin for Sale! !מנגלוינה למכירה

Mandolin is a very beautiful sounding instrument.  It has a pair of strings tuned to G  D  A  E  similiar to the violin.  We use a pick to p...