Thursday, February 8, 2018

How to promote music on-line

Promotion on-line is the same as promotion off-line, although in most places the two have merged. 
It used to be that you could mention a product or a service on Facebook and your sales would take off.  But now,  it doesn't work like that. 

People are jaded, they aren't looking for the same products anymore.  If there is something that you want to buy, first usually you look in your own community.  Why?  Because when you pay your money, you get the item.  I ordered a set of lenses for the phone way back in November.  Well, it is not February, and I haven't recieved them yet.  I am very disappointed and I have to go back to EBay and try to complain.  Will it help?  I don't know.

So Promotion On-line is about helping people fill their needs.  It has to be a big enough need that when you send the product it comes in a reasonable amount of time.

If you are selling a downloadable item, like a song, it has to be in the right format, and genre.
 Here is a song that I put up on CD Baby to sell.  I am not sure that it is Trance, really, because I write the songs in a Midi format, then put it into mp3. 


https://store.cdbaby.com/cd/rachaelaliceorbach2

I was in a store last night to buy something, and I noticed that the music that was being played was in Spanish.  We are in Israel!!  So I went to the storekeeper and played her one of my songs:    The Road to Tiberius:   
Click on the song to hear it.

I asked her if she could play it in the store, but she said that this song was too calm.



So I came home, finished teaching for the day, and then I wrote a new one: https://soundcloud.com/user-200232744/jump-up


She might like this one better! 

So Promotion is about finding out what the customer needs and giving it to them.  Now the challenge is to find the customers.  One way is by Blogging, putting your link up on other videos on YouTube, putting the links on Yahoogroups,

If you have a song, or a book  that you would like me to review, e-mail me at : Rachael Alice e-mail

Have a great Day!

Rachael Alice



No comments:

Post a Comment

New Mandolin for Sale! !מנגלוינה למכירה

Mandolin is a very beautiful sounding instrument.  It has a pair of strings tuned to G  D  A  E  similiar to the violin.  We use a pick to p...