Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Another Bookstore Bites the Dust!

The way things are going, the "People of the Book" are going to be bookless.  Oh yes, we still read, but we read on our phones, tablets, ipads, and computers.  Only those who are religious and want to read on Shabbat are going to bother with buy paper books.   I admit to being part of the problem, but I do read paper books.  I like to teach from a paper book because I can write notes in the margin, or put a bookmark to show where we are in the book.

But I am in the middle of a very exciting e-book: http://hpmor.com/

I did see the new play Harry Potter and the Cursed Child in  the Tamir Bookstore on Kanfei Nesharim, but I was well. underwhelmed.

But Less Wrong's book, is soooooo good !


But back to our headline, after a slight sidewise step.

I walked by this iconic Jerusalem book store this week, and was flabbergasted.  Gone.  No address where it would have gone.  The notice says that it would close at the end of the month.  Well the month came and went.  No more books.

We will have to make do with what we have.  I am holding on to mine!

Rachael Alice
comments welcome!  rachael5760@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heavy blanket to give away, Located in Givat Shaul

  Today we are giving away a heavy blanket.  It has never been used, and is waiting for you!    Free, This will keep you warm, even now the ...