Monday, November 9, 2015

New Skype Web app- Software Review

Most of my working life nowadays is on-line teaching. You can find me here:
 http://www.live-english.net/  I have been teaching on-line usually on Skype since the year of 2009, so I have seen many versions of Skype.   So since the program that I downloaded from Skype has not been working for the past two days, I have been using the web app for Skype.

There are some pros and cons, Well, in my humble opinion, mostly cons.  Yes, the picture, sound and video is very clear, but you can't have the video and the sms on the screen at the same time. There is no way to do "Share Screen"

You log on from this link:
https://login.skype.com/login?client_id=578134&redirect_uri=https%3A%2F%2Fweb.skype.com

The updated sounds for calling is nice, but it would be better if we could get the program that is downloaded on the computer to work.  It just won't boot up.   Just keep going round and round, rather boring to see after an hour, don't you think?

Another point to add, I have been on this program for a few days, and now it asked me to reinstall the plug-in AGAIN!  After I reinstalled it, the web Skype did work. .  .

And my favorite companion program, Free Skype Recorder, (come and take a look at the next post which is going up tomorrow morning) won't work with this Web Skype either.

Maybe the web version is for people who don't need to use files at the same time as speaking, but frankly it doesn't work for me.

Bring back the Skype program.  Please!!!!!!!

Rachael Alice Orbach

If you have any comments, add them in the comment box below.  What do you think of the "new" Skype?




No comments:

Post a Comment

New Mandolin for Sale! !מנגלוינה למכירה

Mandolin is a very beautiful sounding instrument.  It has a pair of strings tuned to G  D  A  E  similiar to the violin.  We use a pick to p...