Sunday, April 21, 2013

Quality of life issues.

In my Life Coaching practice, I come across many different types of problems.  Sometimes they don't have to do with business, or interpersonal issues.  This issue that I dealt with today is one that I have myself.  The client has tried to get rid of Tinnitus.  This is a ringing in the ear.  It can be high or low, and usually doesn't bother me during the day, it feels louder when there is no background noise.  It is especially annoying when one wants to fall asleep and there is this ringing in the ears.  I have tried a number of treatments, and the ear, nose, and throat doctors have nothing to help.  They don't feel like it is a problem, as it doesn't really interfere with everyday life.  But it has been getting louder.

So, before I tell my client to spend lots of money and maybe it doesn't work, I decided to try it on myself first.  The first "cure" that I tried was to put drops of 3% hydrogen peroxide in both ears.  When there is a small infection, hydrogen peroxide helps get rid of it.  So in one ear, once a week, is fine.  That ear now doesn't have Tinnitus.  (I am not a doctor, take my advice with a big grain of salt.)

But the other ear has been ringing still for many years, so that didn't work.  So today, as the ringing was getting louder, and now even during the day I hear it.  I decided to do some more research.  This time I found this website:     One cure for Tinnitus

So I went out today and I bought a bottle of Grape Seed Extract.  It is pricey at 166 NIS for 60 pills, enough for 2 month supply.  And then a small bottle of special ear oil that has olive oil, garlic, lavender, cloves and calendula. This was 29NIS.  I had heard in the past that these herbs are useful for the ear.  I took one of the pills, and rubbed the oil on the inside of the ear, and now when I swallow, I feel a big click. I think that this is working. The healthy ear didn't feel anything, but the one that rings felt a tingling.  So I think that something is working.

Again, I'm not a doctor, but I am sick and tired of this ringing, and I wanted to do something about it.
I'll let you know in two months if the ringing is less, or not.  It's worth a try. And then maybe my client could try it too.   If they work, then I will be very happy!


Rachael Orbach Certified Master Life Coach - American University of NLP Certified Master NLP Practitioner - American University of NLP B.A.- UCLA Los Angeles www.lifecoachjerusalem.weebly.com Blog: www.lifecoachjerusalem.blogspot.com Skype: life-coach-jerusalem 052-750-0608

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heavy blanket to give away, Located in Givat Shaul

  Today we are giving away a heavy blanket.  It has never been used, and is waiting for you!    Free, This will keep you warm, even now the ...