Monday, January 14, 2013

Business and Politics are back to usual in Jerusalem

Business is back to usual in Jerusalem after two and a half days off from work and school.  There is still a little bit of snow on the ground, just to make it a little difficult to walk, I actually slipped and fell yesterday, ripping my glove while I tried to run back home to get a neck warmer for my son.  He ended up getting it himself, so I fell for nothing.  Don't worry, I'm not hurt!

The elections are coming up, it is all too confusing.  Too many parties with the word "home" in it.
There is Likud is Our Home, which is made up of Likud with Avidor Lieberman's party.  As I am a card carrying Likud member this is very disappointing for me, because if Lieberman's party were not in the list, then it would be the one to vote for.  But his party swings Netanyahu back to the Left, instead of the nice Right, but not too far right list that was elected in the Primaries.  So, I guess that I will not be voting this time for the Likud.  Too bad, Moshe Feiglin is in the 20's in the list, and he might have made it in the Knesset after  striving for these long years.  I'm sure that there are many people like me that really don't want to have anyone who is under corruption charges running.

The other party that I was thinking of voting for is the new Mavdal, Bayit HaYehudi.  This is being headed by Naftali Bennet,  who is new to politics,  and is really the new driving force behind the party.  He has a right wing platform, settling in the Land of Israel, standing for Israel, and love for the People of Israel.
I will probably vote for טוב  on Jan. 22

Shas,  They have lots to be thankful for.  Rabbi Ovadia Yossef, had a mild stroke yesterday, and today is back home.  This is a shock for the Shas Party, they have relied on him as their spiritual and political mentor for so long that it won't be the same party if Rabbi Yossef passes away anytime soon, G-d forbid.  I am not going to vote for Shas, but I wish everyone to be well.  Shas will be in the Knesset, but it is unsure if they will be chosen for positions in the government.

Otzma Yisrael is too right wing, and I doubt that they will pass the threshold to have seats.

Tenuva - This party is made up of politicians who swing the way the wind blows.  They have been in so many other parties that it is difficult to know what they really stand for and who is their political base.  Maybe they will get people like themselves from Tel Aviv to vote for them.  (did I say something not right about Tel Aviv? It is a nice city, it just reminds me of the Valley in Los Angeles County where everything looks the same, very easy to get lost there)

Labor  Well, they are going down the tubes, they don't really have a platform that is worth voting for, they do have some big names who are running.  But do we really trust that they are going to do what the platform says?

Have fun on January 22nd, and vote with your convictions.  Where do you stand?  Feel free to comment, this is my first political post so I'm ready for the fight!  Keep comments clean and to the point, no mudslinging or I won't approve it.  I'm the blog owner so I have the power!

Rachael Alice
 Rachael Alice is your English Teacher!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heavy blanket to give away, Located in Givat Shaul

  Today we are giving away a heavy blanket.  It has never been used, and is waiting for you!    Free, This will keep you warm, even now the ...