Saturday, January 7, 2012

How I became interested in NLP/Life Coaching

I have been a life long student of Human behavior.  I started when I was at UCLA majoring in Anthropology.  I chose this major because of the flexibility it offered.  I could take classes in Psychology like Human Motivation, in Sociology like Group Behaviour, and in the Medical Department, Biology, Chemistry, and Human Anatomy.

After University, I went on the work at JCPenney, and then made Aliyah to Israel, where I have worked at many different jobs including as a secretary, a real estate agent, English Teacher and Music teacher.

But I never really found the key to Human Behaviour until I found NLP.  Language is the key to all behaviours, how a person talks to himself will determine his outward behaviour. How you are perceived by others determines if your language  and intention is getting across the way you want it to.

I was curious about NLP and I was at first very skeptical. It was started in the 1970's by Richard Bandler and John Grindler, and that was a very "touchy feelly"  time, and they even lived in Berkeley California, the Hippie capital of California.  So I at first didn't put much stock into NLP.

But I had to change my life, I have 5 kids and husband, and I have to have credible tools to help them and me.  We tried "Parental councelling."  We tried Marital Therapy. We tried working with Social Workers,  but nothing worked.  The kids did were doing better in school once we got rid of all the outside influences  and I went according to my instincts.  But I felt that it just wasn't going fast enough,  My youngest daughter, who was 9 at the time still sucked her thumb, the dentist kept shaking her finger at the child, saying," You have to stop that habit," but it didn't work. I
So I went back to the drawing room. I looked up NLP again, this time with the American University of NLP, and it seemed a doable program,  I could learn at home on-line, at my own pace.  As of right now I am in the last of the classes that I set out to do.  I have taken all the Life Coach courses, and now I am in the last of the NLP courses, at the Trainer level.   I am half-way through this final course and I see myself in the future teaching NLP to parents and teachers.

Now I use NLP in every sphere of my life.  I am more careful of my language patterns, to be more positive, I get my point across in a better way. I use economy of movement in every sphere of my life.  I feel more in control of myself, and of my family.  I use NLP with my children to help them get rid of bad habits, and I use the language patterns to let the family know what is permitted and what is not.  My son (10 years old)  this evening was in the service porch climbing up where he shouldn't be. In the past I would have yelled, "Git down from there!!"  but today, I said, " That is a dangerous place to be, isn't it? "  He got down right away, saying "Well, I guess so." I didn't have to yell, I didn't have to get angry.

 In two words. "NLP works"  

I am looking forward to helping you change your life to be more effective, more powerful, easily and effortlessly.

Rachael Orbach
Certified Master Life Coach
Certified Master NLP Practitioner
 www.lifecoachjerusalem.weebly.com
Blog: www.lifecoachjerusalem.blogspot.com
Skype: life-coach-jerusalem 052-750-0608

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Mandolin for Sale! !מנגלוינה למכירה

Mandolin is a very beautiful sounding instrument.  It has a pair of strings tuned to G  D  A  E  similiar to the violin.  We use a pick to p...