Wednesday, April 4, 2018

MDA saves the day!

As I promised, Here is the update about Hospital proceedures for Care of MS.

Well, as my husband was getting worse, we decided to call the Ambulance.  It was 8:00am, and at first two medics arrived who live in the neighborhood. https://www.mdais.org/en/   


Old time MDA ambulance

When we got to Shaare Tzedek, there was a doctor and nurses waiting and they checked out my husband immediately, then took him to get a CT and a MRI>  

One problem was that he had to wait a while for the MRI and then when it was finished, it was already 12:00pm, - lunch time.  We hadn't eaten much so my husband was pretty hungry.  I went back to the emergency room right on time to snag a lunch, it seems that they had forgotten to send an orderly to come get him.  So and I think that this was a bad idea, but my husband made me push the bed, (on wheels) and he walked along side it all the way back to the emergency room.  

By the time we got there, it was 2:00pn and then it was time to move to the Neurology department.   actually only right around the corner.  The department was half empty so he got a private room.  The doctors and nurses were very nice and gave him the meds that he needed, he was there for 5 days.  

Right before Passover.  I gave up two days of working on-line (I'm an hourly worker so when I don't work I don't get paid.  ) and my son was able to come home early from the Army.  

So my advice is that if you need to go to the emergency room, just call the ambulance, things run smoother and faster.  If I had driven my husband, it would have taken 5 hours to get that first checkup with a doctor!  

All the best, 

Rachael Alice Orbach
P.S.,  Some of my music is now on Spotify, iTunes and other streaming services.  here is the link for the newest Spotify song.  Feel free to put my music on your playlist and share share share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Mandolin for Sale! !מנגלוינה למכירה

Mandolin is a very beautiful sounding instrument.  It has a pair of strings tuned to G  D  A  E  similiar to the violin.  We use a pick to p...