Sunday, December 13, 2015

Editorial Netanyahu's Opening Cabinet Remarks


First of all, Happy Chanuka, and here is the latest picture of the last night, with all the candles burning.  May the miracles continue to burn bright!


Today Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu opened the Cabinet Meeting with the news that Ouda Tarabin, who was held in an Egyptian prison has returned home. This is meaningful in the context of last week's Torah Portion in which Joseph was released from Egyptian jail.   Ouda is an Israeli citizen, and Israel promises to work to free its citizens from captivity.    On the other hand also Egyptian prisoners who had finished their sentences were released, to go back to Egypt.  (I hope that they stay there and don't come back to Israel ever again!)

Israel is happy to hear about the Climate agreement, but too bad it was signed on Saturday, Shabbat.  Nonetheless we hope that Israel will also work toward lowering the rate of global warming, and although I saw a sign today on the highway saying that there are more bike lanes, I would like to see the map.  Everyplace that I go on my e-bike, I have to be on the street, and people in cars sometimes even yell at me to get off the road!  So, Nu, where are the new bike lanes???

The Cabinet, will also work on raising the payments to the elderly.  This is admirable goal and I hope it really happens.  I will be in close contact with some elderly, including my mother who always have words to say, . . You guess what they are.

So, on this last day of Chanuka, I wish everyone a happy last day of school vacation!


Rachael Alice,
Blogger, Life Coach, Musician, English Teacher, Hebrew Teacher
Mother of 5 living in Jerusalem, The Holy City!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Mandolin for Sale! !מנגלוינה למכירה

Mandolin is a very beautiful sounding instrument.  It has a pair of strings tuned to G  D  A  E  similiar to the violin.  We use a pick to p...