Monday, November 30, 2015

Easy Do IT Yourself Scarf for the Winter! Life on a Shoestring

Have you seen the prices for soft knit scarves lately?  Well, I can't believe it for a machine knit scarf the prices can be very expensive!  So why not make your own?  Yes it takes time, but then you can choose exactly the right color and softness, and you get the fun of actually making it!

I like to make things myself, but they can't be too hard.  My grandmother taught me two knitting stitches, knit and pearl

So this scarf uses only those two stitches, but I change the order to make it interesting.  This scarf is for my daughter!


First you do six knit, then six pearl, six knit and six pearl, until you have the width you want.  then on the reverse side, do knit all the way back.  This scarf has 5 groups of six knit and six pearl.

Every 5 or 6 full rows, then switch and instead of starting with knit, you start with pearl, and keep going with this pattern until you have the length you want, or run out of yarn!

This was last week, 





And this is today.  I work fast! 



If you want me to knit a scarf like this for you, I knit in my spare time, so it might take two weeks to finish one this size, the cost would be the cost of the yarn, plus 150 NIS, since it is handmade. 

E-mail me at rachael5760@yahoo.com if you want to order 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Mandolin for Sale! !מנגלוינה למכירה

Mandolin is a very beautiful sounding instrument.  It has a pair of strings tuned to G  D  A  E  similiar to the violin.  We use a pick to p...