Sunday, June 14, 2015

Spice rack for the summer - Life on a Shoestring

Now that summer is here, the bugs are too!  Eventhough I live on the 7th floor, I still can find bugs in my apartment.

One of the places that bugs love the best is the spice rack!  And most people don't even think about it. Many times I use a spice and I forget to close it all the way and then the next time, I find a bug.  This happens mostly with Zatar, but a bug could be hiding in the Sweet Basil or the Organo.

So, I have a new method to keep the bugs out.  I threw away all the old spices, especially the ones that don't close at all.  I went and bought big containers of the spices.  so that they will fit in the door of my . . . . Freezer!
Yes, it cost a bit much for each bottle, but now they fit nicely in the freezer door and they don't fall out.  Next time I need a new spice, I will buy the plastic envelope and fill up the bottle.  I keep them in the same order all the time and it is very convient to find and I now know that there are no bugs in my spices.  Not exactly shoestring, but this saves a lot of time to check each spice for bugs.  

Give it a try? 


Rachael Alice Orbach 
lifecoachjerusalem.weebly.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heavy blanket to give away, Located in Givat Shaul

  Today we are giving away a heavy blanket.  It has never been used, and is waiting for you!    Free, This will keep you warm, even now the ...