Sunday, May 17, 2015

Electric Bikes are the way to get around in Jerusalem!

Now that spring and warmer weather is on the way, it is time to get out and ride your bike.  But not just any bike.  Now is the time that we are on our e-bikes.  electric bikes.  There are two new very lightweight bikes on the market.  

This is the Koning Nano.  It is a very lightweaight bike, only about 16 kg and 14 inches when folded up.  so if you get stuck somewhere, you could call a taxi and put it inside to get home.  The battery is mounted on the back of the bike, so if you like to have a basket, well, think again. The price is about 4500NIS or so.  Its a good price, but the  bike can only go about 25 kilometers on a charge. 
 This might be an important issue for some people. I have a Green Bike, and although I like it very much, it is very difficult to fold.  I was in Talpiot, and the battery went out on Keren Hayesod, I tried to fold it, No dice.  I wanted to get on a bus, but he said that it had to be folded.  That thing must weight at least 29kg.  The store owner says that its 25kg. I'm not so sure about that.
 These two pictures are of the next up from  Koningn 005 and 007.  they have more power, a bigger battery and the battery is inside so it cannot be stolen.  They are a bit bigger 16; and 18 kg.  I was able to lift them, but I would want to practice more and build up my upper arms.  Doable though.  The bike can go a bit farther on one charge of battery.  It comes in red or turquoise.  I like the turquoise best.
Will I trade in my Green Bike and get one of these?  I have to think about it some more.  My bike looks a bit worn, which is maybe a deterrent if against it being stolen.  I might have to get a new battery though.  I ride long rides across the city a few times a week, and I don't like to have to walk the bike up hills or try to peddle this heavy bike.

Rachael Alice Orbach http://lifecoachjerusalem.weebly.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment

Heavy blanket to give away, Located in Givat Shaul

  Today we are giving away a heavy blanket.  It has never been used, and is waiting for you!    Free, This will keep you warm, even now the ...