Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Hair Loss Diet is all the Rage! Life on a Shoestring

Surfing on the Internet, there is a lot of talk about how to regrow your hair.  I have found a number of remedies, some are hair  oils  Sesa Hair Oil , others are diets Ultrax Labs Hair Maxx DHT Blocking Hair Loss Hair Growth.  Both of these claim to slow down the hair loss and promote healthy hair.  I have tried the Sesa Hair oil.  From my experience, it does give a good feeling and a very good smell to the hair, and I do see a few new hairs growing at my hairline.  But the grey hair does grow in and after about two months, I can't stand it anymore and I have to color my hair.

I have had many clients in my http://travelinghairsalon.weebly.com/ hair salon business tell me that this winter their hair is thicker and is growing back faster.  I think it might be connected to diet.  
But what diet? They weren't able to tell me.  So I did some Internet surfing and I found this: 

Beauty Diet : Looking Good Has Never Been So Delicious!


This is a free e-book, and I started reading it today.  Lets do an experiment.  If you want to try this diet, leave a comment below and we'll start together.

I've read most of the book, in one day! I'm a fast reader, what can I say?  She has suggestions for how to keep your skin, hair, nails and eyes healthy.  Then at the end, the author details a 21 day diet, and to top it off, recipes and how to make all the food.  If you keep kosher, YES! you will have to do quite a lot of substituting but it is worth it.

Here is a recipe that I have been looking for, for ages:

SPINACH OMELET
16 egg whites
2 tablespoons water
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup finely chopped onion
2 cups baby spinach,
roughly chopped

Directions: In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg whites, water, salt, and pepper; set aside. Heat a large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, 3–5 minutes. Add the spinach and cook until wilted, 1 minute. Add the egg mixture and cook until the edges are set and the top is no longer runny, about 4–5 minutes. Fold in half and cook for an additional 2 minutes on each side. Cut into 4 wedges and serve. Yield: 4 servings (¼ omelet each)

Per serving: 91 calories; 15 g protein; 5 g carbohydrates; 1 g fiber; 3 g sugars; 0.5 g fat; 0 saturated fat; 0 trans fat; 0 cholesterol; 354 mg sodium; 32 mg calcium; 0.02 g omega-3 fats; 1,173 IU vitamin A; 6.5 mg vitamin C; 0.3 mg vitamin E; 0.6 mg iron; 0.2 mg zinc


To make this a little scientific, lets do these steps and then compare results later.


1. Measure how long your hair is. 
2. Take a picture of your hairline. This is to compare with later pictures, to see if the hair is thicker 
3. Leave a comment on this blog post every week and we'll compare results.
4. No Cheating! 
5. Have fun and I hope that we all are healthier and have better looking hair! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

New Mandolin for Sale! !מנגלוינה למכירה

Mandolin is a very beautiful sounding instrument.  It has a pair of strings tuned to G  D  A  E  similiar to the violin.  We use a pick to p...