Monday, January 19, 2015

New "upgrage" from Microsoft gets a thumbs down!

I have had a very bad experience with the new upgrade from Microsoft Windows 8.1. The program upgraded last Thursday, and since then my computer takes about 1.5 hours to really boot up and become usable.  This is unacceptable!  I bought a Dell computer, ok not the most advanced one, an Insprion 15, but it has a Core i3 processor, so I've been told that it is a good machine. 

On some Dells the upgrade didn't affect the performance, but if so, why can't I just roll back my system to the way it was before?  No, with Windows 8 you cannot refuse an upgrade, and you have to live with it until the next one comes out. 

I am going to call Dell in Jerusalem tomorrow, because this laptop is my workhorse and I can't afford to wait an hour or so until the computer becomes usable.  

Another problem, is that if I even touch the "Chrome" button the whole system freezes.  Google documents also works very slowly, for example after I put in a number and then the systems waits for about 5 minutes before you can put in the next one.  This really eats up time!

 I like Chrome better than IE because IE now has this advertisement, and istartsurf always opens up first.  I hate the ad that they put there.  It makes me MAD!  Can we choose whether to display ads?  NOOOOO!

Why can't we go back to Windows XP when the user had more control over the machine and where to save documents, recover from an upgrade like this?  NO, Microsoft wants control over our computers and they don't really care that my productivity for today was reduced because of their "upgrade" which is more like a "downgrade."   Please Microsoft, retract this "upgrade" and SOON!

Rachael Alice Orbach
www.lifecoachjerusalem.weebly.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heavy blanket to give away, Located in Givat Shaul

  Today we are giving away a heavy blanket.  It has never been used, and is waiting for you!    Free, This will keep you warm, even now the ...