Monday, July 28, 2014

Music Teacher Site not only for Music Teachers!

As one of the many talents that I have is teaching music. I teach Clarinet, Flute, Saxophone, Guitar, Mandolin, and believe or not I have been learning the piano for the past two years, and I already teach a few students!

I am always on the look out for new sites that can help with all these instruments.  I might use a violin site to teach Mandolin, or a flute site to teach advanced Clarinet, whatever the student needs at the time is what I use.

So I have found this site, and have downloaded bunches of songs for use with all my students.  There is one Hebrew song, http://www.music-for-music-teachers.com/shalom-chaverim.html which is nicely arranged, as a round in 5 parts!  Well, we will choose the two best and go with that!

For Piano, there is enough supplementary material to help out when the student is bored with the book, but not ready to go on.  For Guitar, there are beginning chords and even some interesting fingerpicking http://www.music-for-music-teachers.com/bluegrass-guitar-tabs.html that will keep the student's interest.  If you are teaching, then make sure that you can play the piece perfectly before giving to the student!

And, as a bonus, I happen to have a clarinet for sale! Yamaha student clarinet, plays great, my student upgraded to the next level clarinet, and needs to sell this one. It comes with a Yamaha 4C mouthpiece, which is really nice and gets a good tone.

Message me  at my website: http://rachaelorbach.weebly.com/ and we'll set up a time for you to come and try out the clarinet. 

Have a meaningful Fast of Tisha B'Av and I am now setting up lesson times for the rest of August for you to get a head start on your playing for the new school year! Message me  at my website: http://rachaelorbach.weebly.com/   Rachael Alice Orbach 

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Mandolin for Sale! !מנגלוינה למכירה

Mandolin is a very beautiful sounding instrument.  It has a pair of strings tuned to G  D  A  E  similiar to the violin.  We use a pick to p...