Thursday, December 12, 2013

Snow in Jerusalem 6:59 am

Jerusalem schools officially have school, I know because I checked Ynet http://cms.education.gov.il/EducationCMS/Units/Owl/Hebrew/AlSederHayom/matzav.htm  early in the morning.  As a responsible parent, I also called the Jerusalem Municipality, 106 and the recorded message said that school will take place.

But the final decision was made by the bus driver.  He called and said that in Kiryat Yovel, it is snowing, so he is not driving in the snow and if I want my daughter to go to school I have to take her myself.  Well, I am from Los Angeles, and I have no experience driving in the snow, we don't have snow tires, and the school is in Neve Yakov at the bottom of the hill.  So the driver made the official decision for me.

You can't see the snow in the picture, but it is falling, but not sticking yet.  Here is my son, and you can see some snow in his hair.
So the Children of Jerusalem have their heart's desire! A Snow day home from school! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Free Dinners by Kollel Chabad, every Thursday

Kollel Chabad is delivering to my mother cooked food every Thursday.  She can only eat non-glutin items, so the ones that she can't eat,...