Wednesday, January 11, 2012

How to get over frustration in your life!

Frustration, it is a problem that everyone has in their lives.  Whether you have a chronic illness or  problems at work, everyone has something that bothers them.

I have a story to tell you about what happened to me last Sunday.  It was a day to top, or should I say, it was the worst day of my life.
The first thing that happened, is that I wanted to get fresh bread for my family for breakfast.  There is a bakery nearby, and so I woke up early and by 6:10 am I was at the door to the bakery. This is a working bakery and all the breads are baked there.  They have the mixers, ovens and everything there and you can smell the bread as you walk outside, but as I walked in, the bakery was clean.  Not a roll or even day old from Friday in sight.  No bread.  "No, we don't have any now, come back in 20 minutes!" But I went back home empty-handed and when I got there got the kids were up,  getting dressed and I sent my 2nd oldest son back to the bakery to get bread.  He went. The rest of the kids got dressed, and my son came back with pitot.  Ok, good enough,  "Make lunches quickly!"  I urged.  That done, we went down for the school busses.  My youngest son didn't move fast enough,  He missed his ride to school.  Just then I saw the mini bus for my youngest daughter,  I lost it. Yes, I know that I shouldn't but I did.  I screamed.  I am ashamed to admit it but I was very frustrated.  The mini bus paused enough to admit my daughter who by that time came down and got on the bus.  Whew, I knew that I couldn't get her to Neve Yakov where her school is located by bus and train.  You see, today was the day that I had to take the car for the 200,000 km servicing.  So now, how was I going to get my youngest son to school in the Old City of Jerusalem?  You can't even drive a car in there anymore.   Well, my 2nd oldest son volunteered to take him, Thanks!  Wow, that's a big help.

So now, it is time for me to drop off my husband at work.  No problems there.  Whoops! The car is almost out of gas.  I go to the gas station. Pull up to a self service pump.  I get out of the car.  I go to the pump, there is no way to put the gas in.  The connection between the pump, you know, the rubber hose is not there.  So, I want to move the car.  THE CAR HAD LOCKED ITSELF WITH THE KEYS INSIDE!  There was no way to get in!  I could see the keys, but the door would not open! Boy, was I upset!  

"OK," I said to myself, "Take a deep breath, work the problem.  well, I could go home and get the second set of car keys.  I'm near Machne Yehuda, so I'll go home and get the keys.  Can take a taxi?   nope, not enough cash in my wallet.  Bus?  No, there are no busses on Yafo now that there is the train.  Ok, well, I'll walk."  So I walked home.  It took about a half an hour there, grab the keys, and a half an hour back.  Actually the walk did me good, it helped to put the events in perspective.  I had to cancel a life-coaching sesson, but all for the good.  That can be rescheduled. no harm done, as my father used to say.

I go back to the gas station, open the car, put in the gas, and now I'm going to Talpiot to the garage to get the car serviced.  What do you know what happened?
The garage can't do the servicing because there is only one lite in the garage, and a really smashed up car is there getting fixed. Right.

 "Come back in two days," the mechanic says.
Ok, no problem.  I go back home.  I want to park the car and start this day over again.  Its only 10:30 am!   What do you know that when I got home, there was someone else's car blocking my parking spot?  Yes, you are right.

OF COURSE!

So, what are the lessons that I learned from this.
1. If I am ever really depressed about something, all I have to do is to look back on this day and say to myself, is it worse than that Sunday January 8th?
Most chances it will not come anywhere near to what happened.

2. Yes, I did lose my temper, I did, but I got over it.  If I can get over it on that day, I can do it anytime!

3. The rest of the day actually went ok.  I didn't get hurt, nobody lost anything except time and money.  Money can be replaced, but health cannot.  So, all in all, I came out ahead.  I can now anchor that day as a bad day and any other day is a great day in comparison!

4. Now I can laugh at what happened. It is amazing what the space of two days can do, I can really laugh at it now.

5. I don't have to take myself so seriously at all times.  Things happen.  So I can roll with the punches.  I got a punch, and now I can punch back.  Maybe you can too.

  Call or e-mail today to schedule your first free 1/2 hour no-obligation session.  I look forward to helping you!


Rachael Orbach
 Certified Master Life Coach - American University of NLP
 Certified Master NLP Practitioner - American University of NLP,
 B.A.- UCLA Los Angeles
www.lifecoachjerusalem.weebly.com
Blog: www.lifecoachjerusalem.blogspot.com Skype: life-coach-jerusalem
052-750-0608

1 comment:

  1. Hi Im so proud of you,You are always trying never giving up,seeing the brightside of life,Well done,thanks for sharing,I really would like to come to you as a coach-I really need my life to have all the dreams and wishes and goals realised-Keep it up

    ReplyDelete

New Mandolin for Sale! !מנגלוינה למכירה

Mandolin is a very beautiful sounding instrument.  It has a pair of strings tuned to G  D  A  E  similiar to the violin.  We use a pick to p...