Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Be Proud about Israel!

 Israel is the only place where a Jew can be free.  We can eat kosher, rest on Shabbat and not have to worry that we will lose our jobs.  The country is child friendly.  We are all one big family here, sure we fight with the neighbors sometimes, but what do you expect in a country the size of New Jersey?   I am patriotic, and I sing Hatikva.  The hope.  Because with hope you can do anything.  Israel right or wrong, its my Israel.  I made Aliyah from Los Angeles, where walking down the street could be dangerous.  But here in Jerusalem, my 9 year old daughter can walk home from the bus station, and the only thing she can say is" I'm tired".  Not, about the thugs that follow kids in NY.  Not about the people who broke into my car on my first day at work at JCPenney to steal the CD player. Not about someone following me on the street in front of my house. . . there are so many other examples.  So before you start to knock Israel, come and live here.  Taste the Shabbat air.  Feel the excitement.  Israel is the only democracy in the Middle East. Be here.

I never thought that I'd agree with Gene Simmons, from the Heavy Metal Band Kiss,  but here's his op-ed http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/aug/17/imported-american-pride/

I just turn it around and make it Israel Pride!




Rachael Orbach Certified Life Coach www.lifecoachjerusalem.weebly.com Blog: www.life-coach-jerusalem.blogspot.com Skype: life-coach-jerusalem 052-750-0608

No comments:

Post a Comment

Heavy blanket to give away, Located in Givat Shaul

  Today we are giving away a heavy blanket.  It has never been used, and is waiting for you!    Free, This will keep you warm, even now the ...