Saturday, February 19, 2011

Interview with Michoel, owner of MMA Computer Services

Here we are to day with MMS Computer Services.
Thank you very much for joining us at
Jerusalem Small Business Blog.
  By Rachael Orbach

What is your business, and where do you operate?
 I live and my office is in Safat, and much of my work in
the US. and in Jerusalem. I  run a programming service.
 For most of the years, I have created custom applications
that most of us need, Trumout, Students, payments to students
 and gemachim. I also write programs for
payments, what people owe. I write applications that are
donation orientated, tailored to schools and mosodos.
 What program do you write in?  I write Database
program desktop applications.
 We all use databases, They are ubiquitous.
 Most applications are running off of databases.
We use them  to query, or report on in a way that
gives you the information in a powerful way
We also use  mailing lists and labels to put on the envelopes.

Who else works for your company?
 My wife is also a programmer, in an other languages
such as  Colbolt, she worked on Wall Street and in banks.
 She acutally taught me how to program.

How long have you been doing this type of work?
I've been doing this for around 25 years,
We started on Dbase, the Power D base,  and for the
last 10 years we have been using Microsoft Access.
Besides using Microsoft Access as a database, it also
has a complete programming lanugage, and you can make
 applications with it. We wrote an application for the network
 computers of the Hekdesh Sefardi for Meron.  The Rashbi)
This program  gives reciepts, mailing lists, labels, does Horoot
 Keva. to pay something and it can be also used to pay
 people they want to give money to,
Also possible to have a Horaat Keva for the emplyees.
They use it to pay the Avrachaim in the Kollel
This is my flagship application  that has been bought by
 9 other mosodos.

Where do you do most of your business?
 Since I've been lived in Safas and we are
 starting to branch out to the Mercaz,
We  have written for Yeshivot,
 Microsof Accesss can be used to
make applications for the client.

How long does it take for you to write 
a full application like this? 
We usually sit  together for a half a year in
order to get exactly what you want.
The advantage of the programming platform,
 it is fast and relatively less expensve to create and change.
 I charge fairly and property.  That's they type of job I'm in.
For example, Someone wanted  a custom  application
for a music school, so I wrote it in Access.
The difference is because that this platform is fast it is
possible for me to do the work faster and more efficiently
 than for me to do something, in C++, which takes a long time ,
 whereas in Acess it is possible for me to do the work fast.
A lot of the appicatons can be used on the Web, but not
all the Haredim won't connect to the Web. Some won't
 let the Internet into the office.
What I do works over the networks, and if the clients
are not connected to the Web they can use my services.

How long does it take to write from scratch?
Some are can be up and running in a day  If it is major
application it can take 6 months.
A lot of the time I don't have to write from scratch,
 In the case of Rashbi, as I said, it took six months.
They  wanted exactly this  program, but other
applications can take a shorter period of time,
How do you start with a client?
We start with an applcation and build on it.
The  price covers programming, modification and training.
If someone wants to buy the Rashbi the price is fairly reasonable.
I factor in the actualy time I use to change it.
 I've done other things through out the years,
and  the clients found they came  to me asking
for all sorts of help, how to set up networks,
computer tech help because I was there and they trust me.



How can clients contact you?
 Please contact: mmacomp@gmail.com
 052-7631525 . for more information!
Thank you very much for your valuable time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get ready for the Holidays with your own wig! Special offer Velvet sewn into your Wig

 As a woman who wears a wig much of the time. One of the most annoying things is that the combs and clips often pull on my own hair.  Or the...