Friday, February 11, 2011

Interview with Alan Frishtat from www.loseit.co.il

Questions for Interview. 

The Jerusalem Small Business Blog is branching out in new directions this month.  
To better serve the business community, we have an interview section where we find out more behind the scenes. 

By Rachael Orbach www.JerusalemSmallBusinessBlog.blogspot.com 

Today we have Alan Frishtat from  www.loseit.co.il 

Hello Alan, thank you for taking the opportunity to speak with us today. 
 I know that you have a busy schedule,   
What gave you the idea to start Lose it!?

Having been a personal trainer for 15 years, and dealing with
weight loss and  having a good track record, I felt that  we could do better.
The average success rate is  3-5 % of people are able  to keep off
weight for 5 years. I felt that we can do better. 

A lot of people go to trainers and dietitians, but the missing
 component is the way you think, so you have to change the way
you think in addition to the way to eat and exercise.  When you  combine
 these elements  together it could be a winner. 

I came across a book about Cognitive Behavioral Therapy,(CBT)  so we combine
all three aspects, and designed a program around about it.   I approached
Linda Holtz  and asked her if she was interested in helping to design a program,
,It took us  a year to design and test the program. Only time will tell if it works
 in the very long term, to date we have been open a year and a half. 

Our 12 week success rate is 83%  have lost 6% of their body mass.
This is our goal   Rapid weight loss is not our goal.  Any program
 that you see rapid weight loss is not going to sustain itself. 

What is special about Lose it! This a  personalized program.
Personalized in the fact we don't use a standard diet, 
We take into account a person's likes and dislikes.
We are not going to make people eat broccoli if they don't like it.
We deal with three factors, the person's  on their likes and dislikes, 
nutritional needs and caloric needs to lose weight. 

aloric needs to lose weight. 
We also deal with practical matters, How to eat on  Shabbat,
 when you go on  vacation,  and during Pesach.  If a client has
 two weddings  and a Bar Mitzvah in one week,
we deal with how to eat during simchas. 

What happens when someone misses a weight loss goal? 
Unlike other programs that are all or nothing, we help people
get back on track.  Human beings make mistakes, we have to get back on track, 
Mistakes can be valuable if they learn from them. 

What type of professionals work at Loseit? 

We have a nutritionist, a  personal trainer exercise counseling 
who doesn't train on site, a  registered dietian, a  behaviorial
therapist and a life coach. 

You get three of these people.  Including the opportunity to be in touch
between your weekly sessions. we are here. 

In the year and half we have been in business we are approaching the
250 client mark, and  we have on-going programs for people who need
help after the 12 weeks. 

We don't sell special foods , although that might a project for the future,
we help people  how to shop and make proper choices. 

How do you keep the people motivated to continue on the program?   

Usually the best motivation is health. weight loss is only one of the
results, improvement in colustral, they will see more energy, even
though weight reduction may be prime focus, the goal a better and
healthier life.

I've had people to lower their blood sugar and cholesterol 
When people see results, they are motivated to work even better. 

What do your clients have to say about Loseit! 

 I find myself to have gained more life-changing lessons than the
eight that I lost. I
learned how to control my desire for eating, rather than it
controlling me. I learned how to plan ahead, I learned how to
"find time" in my very busy day for things like health which
are so important. I learned that spending money on something
as important as this, was the best spent money of my life.
And most importantly, I know that I am being responsible
for the body that the Ribono Shel Olam has given me.
If I can be of any help to you, please contact me through
the Lose It office.

YF
Jerusalem, Israel

 I am fit again. I can run for buses; I welcome bending down to pick up
things from the floor, knein hora! I can even sit on the floor and play
with my grandchildren! I eat healthier foods, (salad and fruit at least
once a day!) And most important, I honestly feel
that I’ve changed for life. be”H, I will never be fat again.
And I’ve done all the other diets in
the world in my life, so I know what I’m talking about.)

Estie Newman

Thank you very much Alan, I wish you lots of success with Loseit.

Rachael Orbach

No comments:

Post a Comment

Take a good decision and go visit the Rebbe - Enter the Sweepstakes Contest!

    Enter the contest via WhatsApp The site is in Hebrew so if you want help schedule a Hebrew lesson with me: Rachael Alice Hebrew lesson f...